SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR YOUR TRIP TO AUSTRIA
Actual information about travelling to and in Austria & Carinthia and about the novel Coronavirus and associated regulations and preventive actions are available here!
Table of Contents
Covid-19 test possibilities
Free PCR tests for guests (from Austria & abroad)
- Every holiday guest (whether in Austria or abroad) can pick up three pieces of “Gurgel PCR tests” per week at pharmacies free of charge. A registration via the throat test system test.zmdx.at used in Carinthia is required. Guests from abroad simply leave the field “Social Security Number” blank. The address of the hotel can also be indicated. The tests carried out at home/in the hotel room can be submitted to any SPAR branch (supermarket) or pharmacy for analysis. The result is communicated digitally (by SMS/e-mail) after approx. 24 hours.
- PCR tests are offered free of charge in all test lanes and many pharmacies, sometimes even without prior registration. Pre-registration and the selection of time and place for the antigen or PCR test can be made via www.oesterreich-testet.at. Please select the registration for Carinthia here. Guests from Austria can also choose to register with pharmacies. Guests from abroad simply leave the field “Social Security Number” blank.
Alternative test possibilities are available here:
Test station Spittal (Red Cross, Porcia Center, Neuer Platz 1)
Mo-Fr from 07:00 to 12:00, antigen and PCR-tests
Registration under: österreich-testet.at.
FREE for everyone.
City of Villach
City of Spittal
Also on holidays!
Complete overview for locals and guests
Arrival by car
Calculate route with Google Maps:
Calculate route with Open Street Map:
The fastest way: A10 till the exit “Spittal/Millstätter See” via “Seeboden-Millstatt-Radenthein” to “Bad Kleinkirchheim.”
The beautiful way: A10 till the exit “Radstadt via Radstädter Tauern- Katschberg-on ramp to the A10 till the exit “Spittal/Millstätter See” via “Seeboden-Millstatt-Radenthein” to “Bad Kleinkirchheim.”
From Vienna / Wien:
The fastest way: A2 via “Graz” in the direction to “Klagenfurt-Salzburg” till the exit “Spittal/Millstätter See” via “Seeboden-Millstatt-Radenthein” to “Bad Kleinkirchheim.”
The beautiful way: A2 or S6 via “Mürzzuschlag-Murau-Turracher Höhe-Ebene Reichenau” to “Bad Kleinkirchheim.”
A2 in the direction to “Salzburg” till the exit “Ossiacher See” via “Treffen-Radenthein” to “Bad Kleinkirchheim.”
Arrival by train
Website of the Austrian Federal Railways: https://www.oebb.at/
Railway station “Spittal/Drau”, from there 30 min by shuttle, taxi or rental car.
From Vienna / Wien and Udine:
Railway station “Villach”, from there 30 min by taxi or rental car.
Website railway shuttle Carinthia: https://www.kaernten-transfer.at/
Arrival by plane
The closest airports are Klagenfurt (60 km), Ljubljana (110 km) or Salzburg (170 km).
- Website Airport Klagenfurt: http://klagenfurt-airport.at/
- Website Airport Ljubljana: https://www.lju-airport.si/en/
- Website Airport Salzburg: https://www.salzburg-airport.com/
Website airport shuttle Carinthia: https://www.kaernten-transfer.at/